Every good wedding starts with a good venue, from a grand stately home to industrial blank spaces, quirky warehouses or rustic barns, everyone has a different take on their perfect venue.
Now here at Revelry Towers we pride ourselves on the ability to sniff out the right venue for you but as well as knowing various venues personally we also work with venue directories for additional inspiration. We recently met the lovely Rebecca from VenueScanner, who answered some of our questions about the venue directory and how it works. If you're looking for a venue then read on...
1. So Rebecca, what is VenueScanner?
VenueScanner is a discovery, comparison and booking website for meeting and event venues.
2. Sounds helpful, how did it begin?
It began, like many great start-ups in a garden shed! The idea was developed from myself and my co-founder Benjy’s personal experiences of trying to discover and book venues. We were working at Marks & Spencer and every team workshop, team away day, summer party, Christmas party etc etc was a total pain to find and book the venue. It's crazy how hard it was given how many great venues we are surrounded by in London, most of which have over 30% availability!
So, in early 2015 we explored the concept of finding all the venues near to us and putting them on a search website. And quickly we have become the fastest growing marketplace in the UK for venues.
3. That's exciting, so tell us, how does Venue Scanner work?
Our aim is to be super simple to use. Here is the low down:
1. Search by postcode & event type
2. Compare side by side all of the venues within that category (>8000 to choose from!)
3. Filter the venues according to:
a. Venue Type: Affordable, Creative, Traditional, Warehouse etc
b. Number of guests
d. Event Type
4. When you like a venue you can click ‘The little pink plus’ which adds the venue to your basket
5. When ready you can write one enquiry and send it off to all venues
6. Venue Hosts will receive your enquiry immediately and respond directly to you via our messaging hub
7. All your enquiries will be in one place and when you are ready you can book & pay.
8. We are always online to help, and if you don’t have time to search and compare you can simply send us your event details and we find the best spaces for you.
3. What’s the best thing about Venue Scanner for anyone looking for a wedding or party venue
The best thing about VenueScanner is that it is quick & easy.
You have the widest variety of venues at your fingertips and can tailor the search to find your perfect venue in 5-10 minutes and then enquire direct at the click of a button. No agencies, middle men or fees. Someone on chat to help you at all times!
4. What advice would you give anyone looking for a venue?
The venue is one of the most important parts of your event, however blank canvas venues can be converted to fit any event theme. I am always tempted to find blank canvas, quirky and interesting spaces which tend to be more affordable and spend more on creating the perfect event within the blank canvas venue.
We have found that enquiring with 5 venues at once when you are searching delivers the greatest likelihood of making your booking quick and simple and avoids availability issues.
5. What sets you apart from other directories?
We are a tiny tech team. We are not an agency or have any venues or agencies associated to us. We are purely trying to complete the mission of making venue discovery & booking really really simple. We also offer lots of rewards for repeat bookings and like to send everyone who books with us either a bottle of wine or bunch of flowers as a surprise so if you like either of these check us out! ;)